Job Title: Trust and Grants Fundraiser
Reports to: Director
Hours: Part-time 2 days per week
Salary: £25,000 pro rata (£10,000 actual)
Location: Wormingford, Colchester, Essex (CO6)
Re-Cycle has been fundraising professionally since 2012 and have grown our income significantly over this time. We have a strong portfolio of trust and corporate supporters and are looking for a Trust and Grants Fundraiser, responsible for leading on Re-Cycle’s trust and grants fundraising portfolio.
This is an exciting time to join the charity and be part of our fantastic team of staff.
- Grow and sustain income from Trust and Grants funders
- Manage Re-Cycles’ extensive portfolio of funders and research/source new funders
- Compose and submit applications to new and existing funders to increase income
- Manage all reporting and be the main point of contact for relationship with trusts and foundations.
- Support the Digital Fundraising, Marketing and Communications lead in all other aspects of marketing and fundraising.
This role requires strong communication skills, collaborative orientation and confident, robust working practices.
- Maintain a large portfolio of current trust/foundation supporters.
- Source new funding partnerships
- Write compelling and creative funding applications to attract new and existing funders.
- Monitor and evaluate income against pre-agreed team and personal targets
- Work with colleagues and partners to ensure prompt appropriate and accurate reporting
- Optimise use of the CRM database (Donorflex) to support all fundraising activity, monitor income and facilitate effective and compliant contact with funders
- Represent Re-Cycle externally to donors, potential donors and key contacts at meetings and events
- Positively represent Re-Cycle to external organisations and members of the public that you come into contact with and encourage them to develop their engagement with the charity
- Keep abreast of changes and trends in fundraising and the environment in which it is practiced, in particular changes to data protection and fundraising legislation and regulation.
- Provide support to the Digital Fundraising, Marketing and Communications lead in all other areas of fundraising and marketing and contribute to Re-Cycle’s overall strategy
- Be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues in accordance with Health and Safety legislation and Re-Cycle’s policies and procedures
- Work with the Director, Africa Partner Manager and Digital Fundraising, Marketing and Communications lead to develop projects by advising on new ideas from a fundraising perspective
- Adhere to Re-Cycle’s Equal Opportunities policy in all activities and actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- Undertake such other tasks as may be required by and agreed with your line manager
TRAVEL & UNSOCIAL HOURS
- The post will require some travel within the UK and occasional evening or weekend work, e.g. at meetings or fundraising events. Time off in lieu will be given for this, in agreement with your line-manager.
- The post may also require some overseas travel, to visit partner organisations. All time spent overseas will be considered to be part of a normal working week, for which there is no time off in lieu.
Job Description: Click Here
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter to [email protected]
Closing date for applications: Midday on Sunday 2nd October 2022