Job title: Digital Fundraising, Marketing and Communications lead
Reporting to: Director
Hours: Full time 8.30am – 4.30pm
Location: Wormingford, Colchester, Essex (CO6)
Re-Cycle has been fundraising professionally since 2012 and our income has grown significantly over this time. We now have a strong portfolio of trust and corporate supporters but we need to grow our committed giving, major donor and community and events income.
This is an exciting time to join the charity as we have a new organisation strategy and a fantastic team of staff.
- Manage and develop Re-Cycle’s fundraising strategy, incorporating committed giving, major donors, community support and sponsored events
- Grow and sustain income, through a broad variety of fundraising activities, in particular corporate income and individual giving
- Lead on donor communication and thanking processes
The role will require an ambitious individual with broad experience of marketing and fundraising and a full understanding of digital communications and supporter led journeys.
Lead on the implementation and further development of our fundraising strategy with a focus on digital engagement
- Create a robust digital fundraising strategy and campaign with appropriate comms to increase income reach
- Develop strategies for growing income and delivering excellent supporter experience through email (newsletter), social and other digital marketing channels
Lead on fundraising campaigns from creation to completion ensuring best value for money and a high return on investment
- Deliver Re-Cycle’s advertising and digital campaigns through email marketing and banner advertising
- Develop and maintain Google Ads to expand the reach of awareness of Re-Cycle
- Improve the integration of online and offline channels
Ensure excellent communications and good supporter led donor journeys to maximise income opportunities
- Create, manage and monitor engaging content for Re-Cycle’s website and all social media channels, tailoring content to the appropriate demographic for each medium such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and TikTok.
- Similarly create and manage other marketing and communication materials accordingly
- Represent Re-Cycle externally to donors, potential donors and key contacts at meetings and events
- Write press releases and be the main contact point for press engagement
- Recruit and manage community groups, corporate enterprises and volunteers to fundraise on Re-Cycle’s behalf
- Ensure all donors are thanked and added to the database (assisted by office admin)
Work across-team to ensure coordinated and cooperative fundraising approaches
- Work with colleagues and partners to ensure an appropriate reporting and stewardship programme, ensuring prompt and accurate reporting
- Make best use of the database (Donorflex) to support fundraising activity and monitor income
- Liaise with the Director to ensure accurate monitoring and financial management
- Provide effective and timely reporting on performance against agreed budgets and targets
- Ensure the charity is following the fundraising code of conduct and is practising fundraising ethically
- Support the development of overall strategic and annual Plans for Re-Cycle
- Develop and maintain annual approach calendars, filing and database systems
- Adhere to Re-Cycle’s Equal opportunity policy in all activities and actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- Be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues in accordance with Health and Safety legislation and Re-Cycle policies and procedures
- Undertake such other tasks as may be required by and agreed with your line manager
TRAVEL & UNSOCIAL HOURS
- The post will require some travel within the UK and occasional evening or weekend work, e.g. at trustees meetings or fundraising events. Time off in lieu will be given for this, in agreement with your line-manager.
- The post may also require some overseas travel, to visit partner organisations. All time spent overseas will be considered to be part of a normal working week, for which there is no time off in lieu.
The responsibilities of this post and reporting structure will be periodically reviewed.
(If applicable) This post is subject to a Criminal Records check. In the event of a successful application a Disclosure report will be sought.
Job Description: Click Here
Closing date for applications: Midday on Sunday Sunday 29th May 2022
Interview date: TBC